Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Patterns
Title : Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Patterns
link : Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Patterns
Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Patterns
03082017 Readers I have made my first pair of fitted trousers and Im pretty pleased with how they have turned out. Why havent I made more.
Zip Front Dress From Gertie Sews Vintage Casual By Gretchen Hirsch Http Www Abramsbooks Com Books Gertie Sews Vintage Casual 97 Dresses 1940s Fashion Fashion
06102014 Vintage Casual Gertie-style I just finished my first go at one of the patterns in Gretchen Hirschs new book Gertie Sews Vintage Casual.

Gertie sews vintage casual patterns. The sleeves and bodice are finished with wide bands. In this video The Stitch Sisters share their sleeveless blouses made from Gertie Sews Vintage Casual by Gretchen HirschTo find out more about the book clic. Gertie Sews Vintage casual Gretchen Hirsch Pedal pushers sew Sarah smith Sewsarahsmith vintage sewing vintage sewing pattern.
Gertie Sews Vintage Casual. The follow-up to the popular Gerties New Book for Better Sewing and Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Gerties Ultimate Dress Book is packed with all the information and patterns you could ever need to create a wardrobe filled with stunning vintage frocks. The fit is great in this top.
It was an easy afternoon project. Ten patterns are included on heavy duty paper. 21032017 Gertie Sews Vintage Casual.
12092014 The book was inspired by the American Look an era of practical yet chic fashion that spoke to womens everyday lives. The emphasis is on solid vintage-style construction with added content on knits and pants. In this follow-up to Gerties New Book for Better Sewing Gretchen Gertie Hirsch celebrates the classic casual styles that icons like Katharine Hepburn Audrey Hepburn and Rosie the Riveter made famousthink wide-legged trousers fitted capri pants beach rompers shorts knit tops jeans and day dresses.
Gertie recommends using a fabric with a bit of stretch but says the trousers can be made in a non-stretch fabric if a little bit of extra ease is added. Its the 40s-Style Blouse made using the Sleeveless Blouse variation pg 134. I love it all.
Both books are divided into two sections the first covers sewing skills and the second covers the wardrobe which is basically the steps for sewing the included patterns. A spiral bound book in two parts. I did have to do quite a bit of adjusting to the trousers but I failed to write any notes so Im stuffed if I want to make them again.
I used the Cigarette Pants pattern from Gertie Sews Vintage Casual. As usual I threw myself headlong into the project with only a vague idea of how I. I thought about buying the Sew Over It Ultimate Trousers pattern but then I remembered I have Gertie Sews Vintage Casual which has a Cigarette Trousers pattern so I used that.
Anyway the pattern is the Pinup Sweater from Gertie Sews Vintage Casual cropped like I think I chopped 7-8 inches off and with long sleeves. This is the Zip-Front Dress. In Part I Hirsch introduces key techniques for sportswear.
The fit is great in this top. The top Im wearing above is from the book Gertie Sews Vintage Casual. Part two features 10 basic garment patterns and variations to produce other garments totalling 35 possible garments.
21022019 Gertie Sews Vintage Casual is a great pattern book and has such a broad range of patterns in it. 13112014 Gertie Sews Vintage Casual GSVC has the same format look and structure as the Gerties first book Gerties New Book for Better Sewing GNNBS. In Part I Hirsch introduces key techniques for sportswear.
The first part focuses on inspiration fabric information and skills. I dont know but I need to. I made this top a few years ago during a friendly sewing day.
My new bookhas been out for a couple weeks now and Ive been wanting to show you some of the designs. Its the 40s-Style Blouse made using the Sleeveless Blouse variation pg 134. Theres lots of technique stuff.
20092014 The layout of Gerties new book is similar to that of her first book and is packed with helpful tips and techniques for sewing in general. The pattern I used came from the book Gertie Sews Vintage Casual by Gretchen Hirsch which Greg gave me for Christmas. I havent really made anything from it yet excepting the quilted circle skirt but that was more inspired by as I didnt actually use a pattern from the book so I count this as my first proper make from it.
This is the zipper front dress from Gretchen Hirschs popular book Gertie Sews Vintage Casual. Charms Patterns Simplicity and Butterick patterns. The top Im wearing above is from the book Gertie Sews Vintage Casual.
In this follow-up to Gerties New Book for Better Sewing Gretchen Gertie Hirsch celebrates the classic casual styles that icons like Katharine Hepburn Audrey Hepburn and Rosie the Riveter made famousthink wide-legged trousers fitted capri pants beach rompers shorts knit tops jeans and day dresses. Pattern Redrafting Sewing Sewing pattern review Trousers Pants Vintage Inspired Tags. 10102014 Friday October 10 2014.
I made it last summer for an outdoor event hosted by my employer. Part one of the book teaches you skills to construct the garments within and is pretty handy for learning sewing in general. The book begins with all the essential techniques for dressmaking and includes instructions and patterns for 23 dresses for a.
Pages from Gertie Sews vintage Casual. And of course the wardrobe. The skirt I made is the one on the cover.
The Wrap Dress from Gertie Sews Vintage Casual. Although I do not have a sewing machine I have quite the backlog of projects from last summerautumn. The sleeves are a little long but I keep making things with the sleeves ending up too short so Im leaving them for now.
Here I am wearing the Wrap Dress a simple short-sleeve dress with a narrow shawl collar gathers on the shoulders and a gathered skirt. 24052016 The pattern and inspiration for this make came from Gertie Sews Vintage Casual which I received for my birthday back in May. This was my first top with center buttons and a placket.
GSVC has a chapter on knits as there are three knit patterns in this volume. I really love how diverse the models are especially the ones who are a little curvier as it helps me to see if a pattern would look ok on a range of shapes and sizes.
A Bit Of A Book Review Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Vintage Casual Vintage Sewing Books Vintage Sewing
Do Stuff Book Review Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Vintage Casual Casual Sewing Dresses
Pin Pa Sewing Pattern Collection
Gertie S New Blog For Better Sewing Retro Dress Pattern Dress Sewing Patterns Vintage Casual
Wind Those Bobbins Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Is On Sale Today Abrams Craft Vintage Casual Fashion Sewing Casual
Gertie S New Blog For Better Sewing The Wrap Dress From Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Wrap Dress Pattern Vintage Style Dresses Wrap Dress
Book Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Vintage Casual Sewing Blogs Sewing
Gertie Book Review Part 2 Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Vintage Casual 80s And 90s Fashion Sewing Clothes
Gertie S New Blog For Better Sewing It S Here Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Vintage Casual Casual Sewing
Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Cropped Sweater Variation Fashion Outfits Vintage Casual Couture
Vintage Casual 40s Blouse In Pink Floral Challis With Pom Pom Trim Vintage Casual 40s Blouse Vintage Sewing Patterns
Do Stuff Book Review Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Vintage Casual Fall Winter Capsule Wardrobe Fall Capsule Wardrobe
Spotlight Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Multicoloured Spotlight Australia Vintage Casual Vintage Sewing Patterns Vintage Sewing
Gertie S Wrap Dress Sewing Vintage Casual Dress Sewing Patterns Sewing Dresses Casual Wrap Dress
The Wrap Dress From Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Dresses Checked Dresses Wrap Dress
Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Zipper Front Dress Vintage Casual Vintage Inspired Fashion Vintage Fashion
Thus the post regarding Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Patterns
You are now reading an article about Gertie Sews Vintage Casual Patterns with the link address https://runwaysewingpattern.blogspot.com/2020/04/gertie-sews-vintage-casual-patterns.html


